Sunday, July 18, 2010

Recent Dining Escapades...

I recently had a chance to go out to eat twice at local establishments, so I thought I'd give you my thoughts:

At Buffalo Wings and Rings on Loop 337:  We went here as a treat for my 3-year old, who thoroughly loved her mini-corn dogs and fries.  And my wife totally enjoyed her salad.  And I had myself a nice pile of spicy chicken wings that did not disappoint, although I was not thrilled with the bleu cheese, which was too bland for my taste.


But the best part of our visit was the service.  I wish I could remember the guy's name that served us, but he was attentive, friendly, helpful getting things for our daughter, and he even gave her a stuffed toy that he had won from one of the games up front.  I give our visit to Buffalo Wings and Rings this past week an A.

Our next stop was a Sunday morning visit to the Red Rooster Cafe on West San Antonio street for brunch.  And although I forgot to take a pic of the food here, that was certainly the best part of our visit. 


I have to say, the place is hard to park at, especially when it's busy, and the smallness of the dining room makes it a little hard to maneuver.  But all of that is well worth the food.  My father and I had the breakfast buffet, complete with eggs, made-to-order omelets, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, fresh pastries, sauteed potatoes, and more.  But for me, the winning dish was easily the beignets, dusted in cinnamon and sugar.  My mother had the eggplant parmesan, which she said was good, but not quite what she was expecting, since it didn't have a tomato sauce with it (she said it was more like a layered eggplant lasagna), and my daughter had the spaghetti and meatballs (which I tried and it was mmmmm good!).  I give our visit there a solid A as well.

Here's to more adventures at local eateries!  Do you have a place I should try next?  Let me know below.  Until then...

Let's Eat New Braunfels!

No comments:

Post a Comment